March 4, 2015

OUTDOOR MOVIE SCREEN GUIDE




Summer is on its way, as you are planning your outdoor decor, consider an outdoor theater. Here is a step-by-step guide to creating the ultimate Outdoor Movie Theater. Within my research I found many interesting directions, and guides for setting yup your own outdoor movie theater. I am sharing the guide I found via Pottery Barn. If you have any information, insight and tips please share in the comment section below.  

Materials 
  • 2 thick, white queen–size ironed flat sheets

  • Top pole 1.5" diameter x 10' long

  • Bottom pole 3" diameter x 10' long

  • Rope — 2 different thicknesses

Directions
  1. Start with two queen–size ironed flat sheets. Sew them together with white thread so the long sides are joined creating a tube.

  2. Insert the 1.5–inch diameter pole and let the fabric hang down. 

  3. Attach thicker rope to the ends of the top pole so that it can be attached to a tree.

  4. Once attached to a tree, slide the thicker pole through the tube created by the sewn sheets so that it creates a weight at the bottom of the screen.

  5. Attach thinner rope to the ends of the bottom pole. 

  6. Insert two tent stakes directly beneath the bottom corners of the screen, tie the thinner rope to both of the tent stakes and pull taught. This will insure that the screen doesn't sway in the wind.

*Direction via  Pottery Barn 



TECHNOLOGICAL SET UP
What about the technological set up? Yeah, I don't get down with that stuff. I leave that to the men. Since I don't currently have a man {but accepting inquiries fellas} I have a back up plan. I sure do, and today is your lucky day because I'm sharing my "back-up" with YOU. For a detailed breakdown of how to get the projector + sound system + video source hooked up and running click HERE.   I just know how to make things look pretty. {Just sayin} 




COMMENT & SHARE
If you have any insight or information to help others with the process of creating an Outdoor Movie Theater please share in the comment section below. Would also love to see photos of outdoor movie theaters some of you may have created. Looking forward to hearing your stories, getting more insight and seeing your Outdoor Movie Theaters.













No comments:

Post a Comment