October 8, 2014

5 DECORATING IDEAS TO LEARN FROM NAYA RIVERA



So I must be honest, I am not too familiar with Naya RIvera’s career. I know she was or is on Glee, but I became more intrigued by her in a wedding dress. If a person’s fashion intrigues me, it makes me curious as to what their home looks like. So I checked out her home, and I must say she has some cool design elements I wanted to share with you.



1. WROUGHT IRON ACCENTS
Wrought iron accents provide both a rustic feel, while also helping to anchor a room. Naya has a lovely Wrought Iron Chandelier in her living room. It not only serves as a rustic element but has a traditional feel which gives off an element of sophistication in this casual yet refined living room.

2. CONTRAST
Her dark furniture presents a large element of contrast against her light soft grey color walls. I am very big on contrast in my designs. I love to use contrast to achieve drama and scale. This is exactly what was achieved in her dinning room, and it’s an easy concept to achieve and a great canvas to have when accessorizing a room.


3. INDUSTRIAL LIGHTING
Industrial lighting is one of my all time favorites! I am absolutely in love with the myriad of styles, which are available for my design projects.
I find industrial lighting to me so much fun and sassy in a room. Almost like that edgy bracelet and earrings you wear with your blazer and jeans.


4. TUFTED FURNITURE
Oh, how I love tufted furniture. And the fact that her desk is tufted on the side is just so charming. What a nice unexpected surprise.  Now you see tufting is not just for couches and headboards!


5. GALLERY WALL
You don’t have to limit a gallery wall for your living room or dinning room. Put it in the room you begin and end you day in. do a mixture of your loved ones, and your favorite places, animals and/or things.



Which one of these 5 décor ideas do you want me to not only elaborate on but share some great examples and options of? Let me know in the comment section below and I will put a blog post together just for you! Looking forward to hearing about your favorite décor ideas! 




If you liked this post you may also like:












* indicates required






Welcome to Living In Fashion. 
A place where you will learn how to style your life starting with your home; where I will take you on my journey through fashion, style, travel, self-awareness, growth and transformation. This is where we will not only discuss the must-haves for your living room this summer, but the must-haves for your growth and development as a person.  I am an Interior Stylist & I help my clients unlock more of their awesomeness by learning who they are, how they live and making sure their home not only reflects those traits but sets them on a path to achieve their life goals & life's purpose. To hear more about what I do and how I got started read about it HERE.







No comments:

Post a Comment