September 2, 2015

8 CREATIVE COMMERCIAL BATHROOM DOORS


 I was working on this commercial space last year and I put so much time in to making sure the creative concept was very unpredictable. I knew I couldn’t have the usual male/female bathroom signs. So I came up with a cool idea for the bathroom doors for that project. But first I want to show you the other super cool 7 commercial bathrooms that caught the eye of my team and I. 
Enjoy!




I really like the fact that the signs are on the interior of the doorframe  {not the door itself} in a pronounced metal sign. It also allows for an easier way for patrons to find the bathroom.

 Instead of using 1 male/female symbol on the bathroom door,  they created a large collage of the male/female symbol with a variety of smaller male/female symbols. It’s a funky spin on a traditional concept.


 This Mermaid & Pirate bathroom sign is so clever. I’m not sure the location of this bathroom, but would make a lot of sense at a marine dock, or a sea aquarium.


 Since these bathroom doors are right next to each other it was pretty resourceful of them to make 1 body and split it in half with female/male on each side. I also like how the interior paint is the same color as the painted symbol on the front door.


 A photo collage of males & females is pretty simple and to the point.  It made me think how this would be a great idea for a day care, pre-school, OBGYN office as well. Parents & children would love to see their kids face displayed on a cork board/bathroom door.  


 The male/female symbol on these doors caught my eye because not only are the life size, but they are also very geometric in style & shape. I like how they created broad  & wide shoulders for the male, and a slender body/dress for the female. Simple, stylish and easily understood.


For my commitment phoebes {don’t worry, I’m one of them too} when I saw this I thought to myself, why not paint the bathroom doors with chalkboard paint and you can draw the male/female symbol of your liking and change it up week by week. You can try out many all of the examples above, the mermaid & pirate, the geometric symbols & the split body male/female symbols. You can change up the colors as well. Great option if you love variety.


This is the bathroom of the commercial project I mentioned earlier. I thought using the male/female chromosome would not only be unpredicted but it’s also a pop quiz & conversation starter. You'd e surprised to find out how many people don't know which bathroom is for them. These bathrooms are single use only, so if someone makes a mistake, it’s not the biggest deal in the world. 

To see more of this project:




You may also like: 





FREEBIE!!!




2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog! Are you Looking for bathroom renovations Malvern? We provide bathroom renovation at an affordable price. Our company has an expert and professional team for bathroom renovation. We use different methods and machines for bathroom renovation. We have a team of qualified tradesmen that will ensure your renovation or extension is completed with quality workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. commercial doors

    ReplyDelete